Monday, October 8, 2012

M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f2.8 Macro Lense

Was recently bitten by the photography bug and this picture was taken when I tried to look at the bright side when I found my house being attacked by termites. My boss was kind enough to borrow me his brand new Zuiko 60mm f2.8 macro lense which I tried it out for the first time with my Panasonic GF3. By my own low standards, I kinda like the pictures.

 
(Picture taken with f/5.6, 1/60 sec, flash on)
 
 

(Same picture but with some editing using Lightroom in less than a minute by my wonderful colleague and sifu in photography, Darryl)
 
 
My own experience for trying out macro photography for the first time:
 
1) Abundance of patience is required. Was practically lying on the floor waiting for the "model" to come out of his/her hole.
 
2) A mini tripod is handy.
 
3) As you can see, my focus is out and my sifu has recommended me to brush up by reading the following articles:
 
 
Really like the lense but I don't think I do justice to the lense. Interested readers may refer to http://www.robinwong.blogspot.com/ on his review of this fantastic lense.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment